Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

Lately, Thunderbird has been using excessive CPU time even when idle.

vmoderski

Lately, Thunderbird has been using excessive CPU time even when idle. I am on Windows 11 and running the 153.3.1esr release of Thunderbird. It's impacting other applications. When I exit Thunderbird, everything runs faster. Right now it's using over 7% CPU and about 500 MB of ram.

Hardware is HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx. Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz 12 GB ram.

Lately, Thunderbird has been using excessive CPU time even when idle. I am on Windows 11 and running the 153.3.1esr release of Thunderbird. It's impacting other applications. When I exit Thunderbird, everything runs faster. Right now it's using over 7% CPU and about 500 MB of ram. Hardware is HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx. Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz 12 GB ram.

Alle Antworten (2)

Any activity in status bar (at bottom) or Tools > activity manager? Same in Help > Troubleshoot Mode?

Discovered that it was trying to sync a calendar for a gmail account that was not logged on. since it wasn't used I deleted the account and cpu usage is now normal.

Thanks for the insight to look at activity manager.

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.