All extensions suddently disabled. No option button to re-enable them.
Running Windows 10, FF 80.0.1 64 bit. Windows reports the last update for FF was 9/1. Today is 9/17, so FF has been running for two weeks since the update before this problem showed up
I booted up this morning and FF and all extensions were working without problems. I then opened an html attachment from an email, which, was sent to FF to open. Instead of opening in a new tab in the already open FF window, I got a pop up saying that FF couldn't open because there was another instance running. I chose the button to close the already running instance, and the new instance launched with the html file. However all my extensions were summarily disabled and there is no option in the Manage Your Extensions window turn any of them back on. I am, as a result, using Chrome to ask this question, since that's the only way I can run my PW manager.
Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
Okay. Rater than screw around with this, I did a brute force solution. It's early enough in the day that I haven't done anything that I have to worry about losing, so I restored my C drive with the daily backup from last night, then uninstalled the 32-bit version of FF, and all is well. Thanks again for the effort.Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 👍 0
Alle Antworten (5)
What was in the e-mail? Some are known to send viruses via mail.
Reboot the computer.
Thanks for jumping in so quickly.
Alas, it's nothing that simple. The email was from a client's accounting office, telling me they had paid an invoice. Standard communication I get from them every month.
Did the reboot first thing, before posting.
Since posting, I've done a little more poking around, and see that the html file was getting opened with a copy of FF 32-bit I had sitting on my disk from before upgrading to 64-bit. When I chose Help | About, it started updating itself.
Now when I open the html file, it opens in FF 64-bit, without showing any of the extensions on the mange Your Extensions page, even as disabled.
The FF shortcut has also disappeared from my quick menu, but is still on my desktop. When I load firefox using the shortcut, three of the extensions are now there and working. The others are missing.
WIndows, meanwhile, is showing SIX FF entries on the Set Defaults By App screen.
SO I apparently have multiple installations of FF now, which, I may be able to get away with, or not.
Okay. Rater than screw around with this, I did a brute force solution. It's early enough in the day that I haven't done anything that I have to worry about losing, so I restored my C drive with the daily backup from last night, then uninstalled the 32-bit version of FF, and all is well. Thanks again for the effort.
That was very good work. Well Done.
I was going to suggest you might have two versions of the browser on your system.
More like Alexander's approach to the gordian knot than an elegant fix, but it worked. ;-)