Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

After deleting site data, why does the data sometimes reappear?

bkbkbk

I have the Cookie Auto Delete extension, but sometimes I go to Preferences > Privacy & Security > Manage Data... In the Manage Cookies and Site Data window, I see items I've white-listed in Cookie Auto Delete, plus other items I haven't. These other items don't have any cookies (thanks to Cookie Auto Delete), but have site data. If I remove those, I've noticed that some reappear even if I haven't been to those websites again. What do you think is going on? Firefox 66 on Linux

I have the Cookie Auto Delete extension, but sometimes I go to Preferences > Privacy & Security > Manage Data... In the Manage Cookies and Site Data window, I see items I've white-listed in Cookie Auto Delete, plus other items I haven't. These other items don't have any cookies (thanks to Cookie Auto Delete), but have site data. If I remove those, I've noticed that some reappear even if I haven't been to those websites again. What do you think is going on? Firefox 66 on Linux

Alle Antworten (2)

How are you sure the software is doing what is says it is doing? I used the firefox settings and controls and it works without problem.

Cookie AutoDelete seems to be working right: In the Manage Cookies and Site Data window, I see items with no cookies but with site data. As far as I know, Cookie AutoDelete deletes cookies but not site data. But that's not my issue. After I remove those items (the lines with no cookies but with site data) from that Firefox window, those items sometimes reappear later on.