Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst Archiviert

Suddenly all mp3s are playing in my browser instead of asking me to save or open my mp3 player.

Kevin188

This just happened today after a restart. When I click on an mp3 file it now plays internally in the browser. I don't want this.

What I want is what I used to have: I click on an mp3 file and a dialog box opens up asking if I want to play it in my default application (mp3directcut) or save the file.

My Firefox settings are still set to play in mp3directcut for mp3s. I tried changing them to "always ask" and that had no effect. What in Hell is going on? I went for YEARS without problems before today and I changed absolutely nothing, Frustrating!

This just happened today after a restart. When I click on an mp3 file it now plays internally in the browser. I don't want this. What I want is what I used to have: I click on an mp3 file and a dialog box opens up asking if I want to play it in my default application (mp3directcut) or save the file. My Firefox settings are still set to play in mp3directcut for mp3s. I tried changing them to "always ask" and that had no effect. What in Hell is going on? I went for YEARS without problems before today and I changed absolutely nothing, Frustrating!

Alle Antworten (3)

You can set media.play-stand-alone to false on the about:config page.

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.

Ausgewählte Lösung

cor-el said

You can set media.play-stand-alone to false on the about:config page. You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.

Thanks a million! That solved it. I wonder why it changed on me?

You're welcome.

Playing MP3 files via the built-in HTML5 media player is the default.

Note that this pref was previously named media.windows-media-foundation.play-stand-alone, but a lot of media prefs got a shorter name in Firefox 44.