Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

Firefox freezes upon opening & in Safe Mode

bcnotw

Firefox was working just fine until I cleared my cache and cookies. Now it won't even open. It starts to open, then doesn't respond to any actions and gives me a "loading" mouse. It doesn't freeze the rest of my computer, fortunately. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling - doesn't work. I've tried resetting, doesn't work. Safe Mode does the same thing.

Firefox was working just fine until I cleared my cache and cookies. Now it won't even open. It starts to open, then doesn't respond to any actions and gives me a "loading" mouse. It doesn't freeze the rest of my computer, fortunately. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling - doesn't work. I've tried resetting, doesn't work. Safe Mode does the same thing.

Alle Antworten (3)

Perchance, did you use an external program, like Ccleaner, to clear your cache and cookies?

If so, that program may have cleaned too well and in the process it broke your Profile.

My advice is to create a new Profile and see if Firefox will launch. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Just create the new Profile, don't delete your current (broken?) Profile just yet. If that fixes your problem, report back here and someone here can help you recover your data from the existing (broken?) Profile.

I didn't use that program. I just went into the Firefox preferences to clear it. I can't do anything in Firefox so creating a new profile is pretty much out of the question. I can't access anything - it freezes.

Still having this problem! Any fixes?!