Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
How do I change email client when clicking mailto links?
I have reformatted my computer about 1 month ago. Everything almost as I had it before. Just 1 thing that is bugging me.
My email client is IncrediMail. When clicking mailto links in Internet Explorer, my IncrediMail opens as it should do, but in Firefox (which is my preferred default web browser) it opens another tab, wanting me to sign in to GMail to compose my mail. I do have GMail accounts, BUT I want Firefox to open up my IncrediMail to compose my emails, just like it did before my reformat.
Any ideas would be gratefully received ;)
Alle svar (2)
To make Firefox use Incredimail for mailto links, do the following.
1. find the path to Incredimail on my Windows 7 machine it's:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin\IncMail.exe" (you can find this by right clicking on the desktop Incredimail Icon and selecting Properties. Copy this address))
2. Type about:config into your Firefox location bar and hit enter. If you've never edited used about:config before, you'll see a warning.
3. Click "I'll be careful, I promise!" This will bring you to the about:config window.
4. In the filter field type "gecko". Find the entry gecko.handlerService.schemes.mailto.0.name;
5. Right click and select Modify.
6. Paste or type the Incredimail path in the field provided "C:\Program Files (x86)\IncrediMail\Bin\IncMail.exe" (the qoutes are required)
7. Make sure that network.protocol-handler.external.mailto; is set to true.
That worked for me after many hours of searching and finding answers posted by individuals who wanted to help but didn't have a clue.
Ændret af StanDouglas den