Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

My bookmarks and my history don't save - I have a Mac and can't find the solution for Mac

aabirkett

The same problem I've seen in other forums, but the solution is always for PC and not Mac. My bookmarks don't save (or when I try to save a new one in the toolbar, everything that comes after it disappears) and history just doesn't work.

I am exceptionally computer illiterate. I really need some thorough step-by-step instructions on how to fix this.

The same problem I've seen in other forums, but the solution is always for PC and not Mac. My bookmarks don't save (or when I try to save a new one in the toolbar, everything that comes after it disappears) and history just doesn't work. I am exceptionally computer illiterate. I really need some thorough step-by-step instructions on how to fix this.

All Replies (1)

This can be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.