Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

please use Google Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft edge -- Not Firefox

bruce

Hi, On many financial sites I get comments like "We understand the importance of viewing your statements through online banking, we will be glad to assist. Upon reviewing your account, the reason why you are getting an error message is due to using Firefox web browser. Firefox is not compatible with our system, please use Google Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft edge. If you have any further questions please contact us."

We, you and I, know that Firefox is an excellent browser. We want to continue using it.

Who at Firefox has the authority to ask these sites, I could provide an example, how Firefox can rectify this so that we don't have to change browsers?

Hi, On many financial sites I get comments like "We understand the importance of viewing your statements through online banking, we will be glad to assist. Upon reviewing your account, the reason why you are getting an error message is due to using Firefox web browser. Firefox is not compatible with our system, please use Google Chrome, Safari, or Microsoft edge. If you have any further questions please contact us." We, you and I, know that Firefox is an excellent browser. We want to continue using it. Who at Firefox has the authority to ask these sites, I could provide an example, how Firefox can rectify this so that we don't have to change browsers?

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

Ideally users themselves request from the institution they're a customer of to allow their access to the services with their current devices — and have someone from the bank IT reach out to Mozilla what their issue is (ideally filing a compatibility bug if they think they're limited in the technology), if any.

Mostly it's just bad coding or a clumsy vendor, or they simply don't care.

Ideally if you encounter any broken state or unsupported browser messaging, file How do I report a broken site in Firefox desktop? right from the menu for such page, so that it gets tracked.

In general you can read more about that on: https://webcompat.com/ https://webcompat.com/contributors/report-bug

Thank you for your response. I agree.

OK, all you fellow users, here is your chance to ask the institution of which you are a customer to have their IT contact Mozilla to clarify the situation.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.