How can I change email account password in Thunderbird settings
I changed the password for my yahoo mail account but now I can't find a way to change that stored password in the account settings in Thunderbird under ubuntu 12.04. I deleted the saved passwords but it still fails saying password failed.
Dodatni detalji o sistemu
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Korisnički agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Go to your profile folder:
Close Thunderbird, unhide the hidden files and folder:
Delete or rename the key.db and singons.sqlite
I have the same issue, via two-factor authentication. Should I revoke this for Thunderbird? Please read below and weigh in.
I enabled two-factor authentication for GMail, and managed it for Thunderbird, too. A little different than described on GMail support. Mozilla discourages it (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gmail http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gmail, about 4/5 of the way down).
As part of the GMail process, since my Thunderbird is hosted by GMail, GMail generates a 16-letter App password. My old password no longer worked, and I enetered the App password to get into Thunderbird. Now I'm stuck with a 16-letter string as my Thunderbird password??
Several forums reference the Password Manager, in which I have nothing saved. The forums cite this article: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_and_changing_email_passwords http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_and_changing_email_passwords.
Alternatively, there's Diego Victor's above reply. Before doing this, I would want to know what these two files do, and why it's OK to delete or rename them.
Finally, I could try revoking the App password for Thunderbird. I have no idea what effect this would have.
Izmjenjeno od strane AFDeP