Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Suddenly, my page backgrounds are all white.

Friday Ululani

I have the appearance setting set to dark. I have a dozen themes with the dark option selected, but every web page is white with black text. What gives?? Windows 11, Firefox 157.0 (the new, ugly version)

I have the appearance setting set to dark. I have a dozen themes with the dark option selected, but every web page is white with black text. What gives?? Windows 11, Firefox 157.0 (the new, ugly version)

All Replies (2)

Is this a recent change? Can you attach a screenshot how septatrix.github.io/prefers-color-scheme-test looks for you?

First, thanks for the reply. Second, my screen looks like your screenshot. Third, I think I figured out my problem. It seems a lot of the websites I visit override my browser setting(?) Some other pages respect the dark setting.

Postavite pitanje

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.