How to transfer email from Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird
I asked this question on Google and the AI answer although sounding logical and easy did not work.
I have a number of saved emails that I would like to add to my local folders. Any help will be appreciated.
All Replies (5)
Windows live mail can export messages as eml format. You can simply drag them to a thunderbird folder, or the more elegant approach would be to use the importexporttools NG addon to import eml files.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. However the first approach you mentioned is exactly what I have tried and exactly what the AI response suggested. Unfortunately, it does not work. As for the importeporttools Ng addon - I was going to install that but the warning message that came up was rather ominous, so I was afraid to say "yes". Is this an invasive addon or is it worth trying? Thank you BillT1367
You did not clarify what didn't work. Does windows mail not allow exports? The addon is harmless and used by thousands. I regularly use it myself.
Hi David
I took your suggestion and added the ImportExportToolsNG and the transfer from Microsoft Windows Live Mail to Thunderbird worked like a charm.
Thank you very much.
You're most welcome :)