This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My Firefox is not started and not working properly? Please help soon!!
Firefox is not started but when i see processes that currently running , in this firefox.exe is running and when i am trying to close it won't closed as well as cannot able to uninstall. It gives error while uninstalling "Please close firefox", moreover firefox is not open at that time on my PC.
All Replies (1)
Sounds like Firefox is "hanging at exit". That problem is frequently caused by an Extension or a Plugin. Read all of the following articles.
NOTE: Establish a habit of exiting/closing Firefox with Firefox button > Exit or File > Exit to allow an orderly shutdown of Firefox and closing of all of the files that Firefox has open.
- Stop the Firefox process:
- Mozillazine - Kill application
- Windows 7 users click here
- Mac users: http://techheavy.com/2011/02/the-mac-task-manager/
- Why Firefox may hang:
- Use Firefox Safe Mode to find a problem with an Extension or Plugin:
- Don't check anything when entering Safe Mode, just continue
- If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode it is probably an Extension or Plugin causing the problem
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.