Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
المُؤرشفة

Trying to move bookmarks from old computer HD to new computer HD. Can't find 'em.

CrashTestMama

Upgrading to Windows 7 on new computer system from my old, worn-out XP. Trying to locate bookmarks on the old hard drive. No dice. Have done the %APP...search of the old drive. Nothing. Found a "bookmarks" html file from 2006. I know I've backed up since then, but even if I hadn't where in the world is Mozilla hiding the everyday bookmarks? Would love to take all that organizational work to the new computer rather than having to recreate the wheel. Please help.

Upgrading to Windows 7 on new computer system from my old, worn-out XP. Trying to locate bookmarks on the old hard drive. No dice. Have done the %APP...search of the old drive. Nothing. Found a "bookmarks" html file from 2006. I know I've backed up since then, but even if I hadn't where in the world is Mozilla hiding the everyday bookmarks? Would love to take all that organizational work to the new computer rather than having to recreate the wheel. Please help.

All Replies (2)

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering+important+data+from+an+old+profile

Your old Profile is located here in Win XP and W2K:
drive:\Documents and Settings\Windows login user name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile_name

The "Application Data" folder in XP/Win2K and the "AppData" folder in Vista/Windows 7 are hidden folders.

You can't use %AppData% on a slave drive, you need to browse directly to (hidden) folders