Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

ابحث في الدعم

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved المُؤرشفة

new url not displaying in location bar when clicking on a link

jb76

This is a peculiar issue I have just noticed. Since upgrading to FF v4.0 RC1, It seems whenever I click on a link either in a webpage or in a google search (even opening a bookmarked link), when the new page opens, the url of the new page does not appear in the location bar. Instead, the previous page's url still shows in the location bar. Has anyone else noticed this?

This is a peculiar issue I have just noticed. Since upgrading to FF v4.0 RC1, It seems whenever I click on a link either in a webpage or in a google search (even opening a bookmarked link), when the new page opens, the url of the new page does not appear in the location bar. Instead, the previous page's url still shows in the location bar. Has anyone else noticed this?
Read this answer in context

الحل المُختار

Please click the Solved button next to the answer that solved your Firefox support issue, when you are logged in.

All Replies (4)

I just discovered it was because of the IE Tab extension. Removing that extension solved the problem.

الحل المُختار

Please click the Solved button next to the answer that solved your Firefox support issue, when you are logged in.

ah okee - very sorry about that... ill click it now :)