This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I did a system reset and my bookmarks were lost. My old files still exist. Is it possible to recover my bookmarks?
So I did a system reset that uninstalls apps but does not change personal files. So firefox was uninstalled but no files were lost. How can I get my bookmarks back?
All Replies (1)
Do you still have the Firefox profile folder or possibly a "C:\Windows.old" folder ?
Location used for the main profile that keeps your personal data (Root Directory on about:profiles).
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)