Cant shift searchengine from Bring to Google
Normaly using Google as searchengine. Today found that it was shifted to Bring. Tried to change back, but it wouldnt work. Even if I delete all engines without Google it will return to Bring. I can still open Google search via urladress, but not set it to mainsearch...
All Replies (2)
It sounds like you have a third party program that has taken over your search engine. Fortunately, this can be remedied easily:
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select the toolbar you wish to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click "Restart now" if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
If that still doesn't fix the issue, you may have some malware on your computer that is overriding your settings. You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller (for more info, see this alternate TDSSKiller download page)
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Hope this helps.
Just to clarify something else:
Firefox has a separate setting for the home page that usually appears at startup or appears in new windows (Ctrl+N). If you get a Bing page there, check the home page setting in the Home section of the Options page. See: How to set the home page.