When I go to "Help," Firefox isn't running an update.
I need to run a Firefox update. I am using Ubuntu, with Linux2.6.32-74-generic. When I go to Help in the Firefox, menu, there isn't an option for running an update, and it's not running automatically.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
An Ubuntu built version of Firefox isn't going to use Help for updates. Firefox updates will come thru the Ubuntu repository via the Update Manager. Do you have Updates enabled in the Ubuntu Update Manager?
Mozilla only provide updates for the official builds of Firefox from www.mozilla.org and not for third-party builds.
The build you have is Firefox 20.0 from ubuntu.
Based on the Firefox version it looks like you are using the old Ubuntu 13.04 from April 2013 which was made End Of Life January 27, 2014.
This means there may not likely any recent updates of Firefox packages for 13.04
Okulungisiwe ngu James