Avoid and report Mozilla tech support scams
Mozilla does not charge for downloads, upgrades or technical support, and does not endorse any company that does. Companies that ask for payment or personal information for installing, updating or providing support for Firefox or Thunderbird are not affiliated with Mozilla and should be avoided.
Table of Contents
Common technical support scams
- Virus warnings that tell you to call a phone number, download software or allow a virus scan.
- Companies that use Mozilla brand names and logos to charge you for installing, fixing and updating Firefox or Thunderbird.
- Phone calls from "Mozilla representatives" pressuring you into paying for a service or granting access to your computer.
Protect yourself from scams
- Visit the official Mozilla Support site (https://support.mozilla.org) or other recognized resources for all technical support issues. There are no other Mozilla-endorsed technical support companies, and any other company that's using the Mozilla name or logos to claim affiliation with Mozilla should be reported here.
- Mozilla does not offer telephone support. Do not call or give information to agents claiming to represent Mozilla.
- Download Mozilla software from official sources only.
Report trademark violations
Help stop scammers. If you see others using the Firefox or Thunderbird name or logo to represent Mozilla, submit a fraud report.