trying to upgrade to firefox 4. getting error message "Opperation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privlidges for some items"
trying to upgrade to firefox 4. Got error message after dropping the icon in the applications folder. "the operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some items"
每當開啟 Firefox 的時候
trying to upgrade
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Experience Google Earth in the browser. For more information, please visit the Google Earth Plugin Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4
trying to upgrade to firefox 4. Got error message after dropping the icon in the applications folder. "the operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some items" In the update tab in the preferences, the "Update firefox " box is checked but grayed
If you get an error message that you do not have sufficient permissions to update then easiest is to trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.
Will doing the clean install eliminate my bookmarks as well? If so is there a way to save them?
If you only drag the Firefox application to the Trash then you shouldn't lose any profile data.