Don't get a yellow bar after clicking "install" the Adobe update
The adobe reader update won't install automatically. Both Adobe & Firefox remedies say that a yellow bar will appear at top of page after you click on "install". I don't get a yellow bar, nor can I find any box for editing allowed download sources.
The instructions on the Adobe site are outdated and do no longer apply to current Firefox versions and you can ignore those instructions and save the Adobe installer to your desktop and start the installation with a double-click on that file.
Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.3
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.4
Update the Java plugin to the latest version.
- http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp (Java Platform: Download JRE)
You should remove the plugins from the older Adobe Reader versions and update the Adobe Reader plugin to the latest version.