Can not update from 3.6.2 to 3.6.3 as partial update fails and full download fails to replace 3.6.2 too. I seem to be stuck in a loop with no advice how to progress. Any help appreciated
I downloaded 3.6.2 version of firefox as a new user. Seems fine but now trying to update to 3.6.3 as prompted a partial update keeps failing and trying to download 3.6.3 does not work either . I have noticed that i have been getting quite a few firefox cannot connect to server messages lately. Using windows XP
A few times a week
== over the last month
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- 3D Life Player(188.8.131.52). For more information, visit the 3D Life Player web site.
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
adobe get plus plug in enabled
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update (Software Update not working properly) Remove the files in the updates and updates\0 folder: XP: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates\ C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\
(AppData is a hidden folder: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla)
I am trying to update from a Firefox 3.5 to 3.6.3. Does not complete task.
Do a clean reinstall and download a fresh Firefox copy from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html and save the file to the desktop. Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer. It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
You can skip the step to create a new profile, that is not necessary for this issue. ..... See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox#Clean_reinstall
Thanks cor el
I have tried both suggestions and so far neither have helped . Have just tried the re install route . Downloaded new version to desk top, then when i went to delete old 3.6.2 version from add/ remove programs i got a dialog box telling me it may already be removed ! and do i wish to delete the icon from the list ( as i dont believe that will help i said no and exited )
Same problem with this update (3.6.6) and the previous one. Takes about three tries before it will auto download patch again, and then it. On another note, I've noticed Firefox takes longer to start up these days. Used to be much snappier with early 3.0 updates.