No matter how many times I try to upgrade or reinstall, it always installs an older version that allows pop ups and viruses to keep coming back. How do I upgrade to the latest version of firefox if it only somehow always restores the previous version?
No matter what I do, I cannot upgrade firefox, and as a result, almost every site I go on that no longer supports my browser keeps telling me to upgrade, and I keep getting back unwanted viruses. Each time I try to reinstall or upgrade firefox, all it does continuously is reinstall the old version I had previously.
Every time Firefox opened
== Firefox Upgraded Their Browsers
- SpiralFrog DownloadManager Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- eMusic DLM 22.214.171.124
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/2.0;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Cannot do this because it causes script to freeze the page, and nothing happens when I click on tools and addons.
Your UserAgent string in Firefox is messed up by another program that you installed, and those websites don't know you are running Firefox 3.6.3 (which is what you do have installed). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent
type about:config in the URL bar and hit Enter If you see the warning, you can confirm that you want to access that page. Filter = general.useragent. Right-click the preferences that are bold, one line at a time, and select Reset, Then restart Firefox