WordPress site occasionally fails to render
I have a WordPress site that has recently been moved to a new server and had some updates done to it (new version of WordPress, new version of plugins, etc.) However, we've noticed that there are times where the page will hang on the loading screen. Typically, a refresh will fix this and allow the page to load.
The reason we believe this to be a Firefox issue is that:
- The issue hasn't been observed on Chrome.
- When running the Developer Tools, there is no noticeable difference between times when the page hangs on the loading screen and times when the pages display normally (as seen in the attached screenshots), which seems to rule out server failing to deliver content.
I'm not sure why you get an HTML page.
I see a response with a CSS file, but with no content: Content-Length: 0
You can reload webpage(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)