Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

了解更多
封存

I have no audible alerts from any email notifiers

Ladyjay12

I have Firefox 60.0.2. I haven't received an audible alert from Checker Plus for Gmail for a long time. (Maybe since Quantum appeared) It works on other browsers. I tested another gmail notifier & it doesn't give me an audible alert either on Firefox. So now I've determined it's not the notifiers; its Firefox. So, can this be fixed?

I have Firefox 60.0.2. I haven't received an audible alert from Checker Plus for Gmail for a long time. (Maybe since Quantum appeared) It works on other browsers. I tested another gmail notifier & it doesn't give me an audible alert either on Firefox. So now I've determined it's not the notifiers; its Firefox. So, can this be fixed?

所有回覆 (4)

Addon issues are property of the Addon creator to resolve and fix.

WestEnd is correct. Contact its support.

Checker Plus was unable to solve the problem. This happens with other notifiers, too. On other browsers (Chrome, Vivaldi, etc) I get the audible alerts from any notifier. Surely there must some reason why I don't get the alert on Firefox.

Firefox's Tracking Protection feature maybe stopping it . When it is blocking content in a page, a shield icon will appear at the left end of the address bar next to the padlock icon. This article has more info on managing this feature:

Or it maybe being stopped in Firefox Sandbox as all audio is sand boxed now. It has not been updated in 2mos and somethings were changed in version 60. Not sure if that could be the cause.