Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

了解更多
Solved 封存

I can't paste my private key passphrase into the dialog box

chriscrutch_21

I'm using Thunderbird on Ubuntu 14.10 with Enigmail for GPG encryption. When Thunderbird needs my passphrase, a dialog box pops up asking for it, but it won't let me paste the passphrase into the dialog box. I use a 64 character totally random passphrase including special characters, and I can't sit and type the thing every time. I need to be able to paste it from my password manager. I'm not even sure if this is a Thunderbird problem, or if it's with Enigmail or Ubuntu. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

--chriscrutch

I'm using Thunderbird on Ubuntu 14.10 with Enigmail for GPG encryption. When Thunderbird needs my passphrase, a dialog box pops up asking for it, but it won't let me paste the passphrase into the dialog box. I use a 64 character totally random passphrase including special characters, and I can't sit and type the thing every time. I need to be able to paste it from my password manager. I'm not even sure if this is a Thunderbird problem, or if it's with Enigmail or Ubuntu. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! --chriscrutch

所有回覆 (2)

選擇的解決方法

Thanks so much for the links. None of them directly solved the issue, but they led to places that did. The solution involved updating a particular package that was unavailable in the 14.10 repos and thus had to be manually downloaded, compiled from source, and installed. Marked as solved.