搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Firefox Sync enabled but won't sync

  • 1 回覆
  • 5 有這個問題
  • 1535 次檢視
  • 最近回覆由 progeny

more options

Hi. I can't sync Firefox from my old Surface Pro 2 to my new Surface Pro 3. Both run windows 8.1. Firefox synced OK over a year ago to my Surface 2 OK but I lost the password.

On SP2, I updated FF, deleted the old Sync account and set up a new Sync account. On SP3, I set up the same account. When I sign in to the SP3 sync account, the message "Sync will start momentarily" displays but nothing happens.

Following your forum suggestions, I made these changes to both SP2 and SP3. 1. Disconnect and reconnect to Sync. 2. Delete the signedInUser.json file in the profile folder with Firefox closed and possibly delete the Weave folder as well. 3. Delete and re-create the FxA account. at https://accounts.firefox.com/settings

I also Reinstalled FF on SP3. Same message but won't sync. Appreciate any suggestions.

被選擇的解決方法

progeny said

Hi. I can't sync Firefox from my old Surface Pro 2 to my new Surface Pro 3. Both run windows 8.1. Firefox synced OK over a year ago to my Surface 2 OK but I lost the password. On SP2, I updated FF, deleted the old Sync account and set up a new Sync account. On SP3, I set up the same account. When I sign in to the SP3 sync account, the message "Sync will start momentarily" displays but nothing happens. Following your forum suggestions, I made these changes to both SP2 and SP3. 1. Disconnect and reconnect to Sync. 2. Delete the signedInUser.json file in the profile folder with Firefox closed and possibly delete the Weave folder as well. 3. Delete and re-create the FxA account. at https://accounts.firefox.com/settings I also Reinstalled FF on SP3. Same message but won't sync. Appreciate any suggestions.


Progeny again: Problem solved! While waiting for a reply I logged in again to Sync on both SP2 and SP3. Same message "Sync momentarily" but no sync. Then I noticed menu bar was missing on SP3 FF. While fixing that I found your Q and A on how to fix corrupt toolbar - Go to Menu/Customize and click on "Restore Defaults". That walked me back through the FF start up. I chose FF as my default again BUT this time on the next step I choose to use Firefox NOT Internet Explorer. (on my 1st FF setup I choose IE because the FF choice produced a message saying IE could not complete the install). That done, the SP3 Sync immediately synced with the SP2!! Trust this fix helps anyone with the same issue.

從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 👍 2

所有回覆 (1)

more options

選擇的解決方法

progeny said

Hi. I can't sync Firefox from my old Surface Pro 2 to my new Surface Pro 3. Both run windows 8.1. Firefox synced OK over a year ago to my Surface 2 OK but I lost the password. On SP2, I updated FF, deleted the old Sync account and set up a new Sync account. On SP3, I set up the same account. When I sign in to the SP3 sync account, the message "Sync will start momentarily" displays but nothing happens. Following your forum suggestions, I made these changes to both SP2 and SP3. 1. Disconnect and reconnect to Sync. 2. Delete the signedInUser.json file in the profile folder with Firefox closed and possibly delete the Weave folder as well. 3. Delete and re-create the FxA account. at https://accounts.firefox.com/settings I also Reinstalled FF on SP3. Same message but won't sync. Appreciate any suggestions.


Progeny again: Problem solved! While waiting for a reply I logged in again to Sync on both SP2 and SP3. Same message "Sync momentarily" but no sync. Then I noticed menu bar was missing on SP3 FF. While fixing that I found your Q and A on how to fix corrupt toolbar - Go to Menu/Customize and click on "Restore Defaults". That walked me back through the FF start up. I chose FF as my default again BUT this time on the next step I choose to use Firefox NOT Internet Explorer. (on my 1st FF setup I choose IE because the FF choice produced a message saying IE could not complete the install). That done, the SP3 Sync immediately synced with the SP2!! Trust this fix helps anyone with the same issue.