Urgent: Bookmarks not syncing in Android
Previously it was working fine with Firefox Sync (deprecated). But after reinstalling the firefox on android (Samsung Galaxy Note 3) its not synching the bookmarks, neither with the Firefox Sync (deprecated) nor the newer version.
I’ve over 6k bookmark in folder structure on my pc and earlier it was syncing fine on the phone. But now nothing syncing the bookmarks. History, password all are syncing fine.
Please make sure I’ve tried 10 times (5each) with both new and older syncing method. Uninstall reinstall FF android app, clear app data etc. My goal is to sync the bookmarks wither with new ver firefox or the older version. When the newer sync method doesn’t work with both pc and phone updated FF I installed 28ver FF in pc and then did the Firefox Sync (deprecated) way, but that too failed. Now doing it over the new sync but even after many days nothing came into the phone. I’m really frustrated and thinking to move to Chrome as nothing no longer helping.
This is my last try. The history syncing to pc and phone work fine, but no mobile bookmark folder in PC even after adding new bookmark in phone. Clearly its not syncing Bookmarks in both ways. But the phone app showing over 9MB data additional data the app has, so surely it got the Bookmarks but not displaying in the app. Probably it’s a bug.
Also note I real all related articles but nothing helped.
Try this first: In the Android Settings, under accounts, when you tap on the attached new sync account is there a red warning that says "Auto Sync Data must be turned on"?
Is it possible to collect sync logs by remote debugging? Ok so I tried this finally and got it to work: this might be long but a shortened version:
- . Connect the device to the computer via usb.
- 2. In android settings go to About device and double tap on build id 7 times
- 3. Go back and now see the developer menu
- 4. Open and enable remote debugging
- 5. Open up Firefox on the android go to settings > developer tools and check remote debugging
- 6. From Desktop go to Tools > Connect
- 7. Open Tools > Console
- 8. Click on gear and on the far right click on "Remote debugging for this session only"
- 9. [adb sdk install required] in a terminal window
make sure a device is listed.
- 10. On desktop in the window that openned up when you opened up connect click on connect
- 11. Immediately after run this in the terminal:
adb forward tcp:6000 localfilesystem:/data/data/org.mozilla.firefox/firefox-debugger-socket
- 12. On the device hit enable on the connection
- 13. should be connected on the connect and click on the remote tabs.
- 14 the logs will start to show up in the console.
- 15. If you need adb log cat logs run in the terminal before you start to test:
adb logcat > text.txt
- do you thing, and attach it to a bug.
- How do I turn on sync logs:
- Open about:config and turn on: services.sync.log.appender.file.logOnSuccess and services.sync.log.logger.engine.bookmarks
- Restart Firefox and look at: about:sync-log
- Logs and error messages will be located here
Please also use pastebin.mozilla.org for sharring any errors that relate to this issue.
Thanks, I really appreciate your time and feedback and hopefully this could fix the issue. But I don’t have so much time to do these all. If it was a quick fix then definitely I would do.
Let Firefox tech team do these and hopefully they would fix this bug. As before doing this I formatted my phone with complete wipeout data so its definitely a bug.
But if I get time I will try this.