Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Ati ti èròjà atẹ̀lélànà asì ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́. Jọ̀wọ́ béèrè ìbéèrè titun bí o bá nílò ìrànwọ́.
Locked A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́

Problem Disabling Search Bar History Suggestions

SuMo Bot

How do I disable the search bar from showing my previous searches when I begin typing?

I already unchecked everything in the privacy settings, but it still shows my history (see screenshot).

What additional steps do I need to take to disable this feature?

Thank you

How do I disable the search bar from showing my previous searches when I begin typing? I already unchecked everything in the privacy settings, but it still shows my history (see screenshot). What additional steps do I need to take to disable this feature? Thank you

All Replies (1)

Is this about searching via the location bar or about the separate stand-alone search bar.

Searches done via the latter are controlled via the history settings.

  • Settings -> Privacy & Security
    Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": "Remember search and form history"

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.