Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Yiñ denc

Firefox crashes

nixmit

I completely removed and reinstalled Nightly.

Still my problem isn't resolved: FF just exits when loading pages with ads. At least that seems to be the problem. Sites without ads work fine.

No crash report is produced.

I completely removed and reinstalled Nightly. Still my problem isn't resolved: FF just exits when loading pages with ads. At least that seems to be the problem. Sites without ads work fine. No crash report is produced.

All Replies (4)

Sounds like there could be more than just Firefox causing a problem here - especially if you've re-installed it. Have you manually cleared the cache and browsing history? Could be some cached ad-related file thats casuing the fault.

Have you tried using Ad-blocking plugins like No-Script and AdBlock Plus ? These are freely available through the Addon channels - personally can't live without these enabled to block the ads on sites for bandwidth conservation alone.

If this fails, I'd suggest running a MalwareBytes AntiMalware scan, and even a Spybot Search and Destroy scan on the system too.

I completely removed all settings, included the profile. I installed the suggested plugins, so I will have to follow your other suggestions. Thanks for helping me out!

New observations:

When starting up FF asks whether I prefer a new session or restoring the old session. Both are the same site. Still restoring works, but building a new session makes FF collapse.

Even clicking this site form 'history' makes it collapse, while clicking the link from notifications@support.mozilla.com works fine.

Scripting seems to be the problem: With No Script I disabled some and the exiting grows lesser and lesser . . . Troubles were caused by Google related scripts.

nixmit moo ko soppali ci