Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Possible Firefox Security Issue – Unexpected Cursor Movement on Mageia and Linux Mint

Lc951

Hello

I would like to report an issue on Firefox If i work on my Private domain on my laptop my cursor is moving alone some time to time I have also sometimes intrusion after my CPU FAN run very high

I'm on Linux Mint last version but I have also the issue on Linux Mageia 10. (last version one month ago)

I have posted some question to mageia Team Post : viewtopic.php?p=92060#p92060 viewtopic.php?p=93642#p93642

My Suspicion so far from now : The problem is probably an HTTP Flood that permits access to User Security.

So I have two problems: • The problem of the cursor moving. • I also have my CPU fan increasing speed from time to time without reason after I change my User Password. ( Less noticed on Mint so far from now but it's doesn't mean it's better )

After reinstalling my laptop and not moving files, the issue generally occurs again. It's less occuring if I change my IP Address, meaning if my Internet Provider change IP everyday it's less occuring

I went to discuss it with an External IT Consultant (we tried to scan the laptop for viruses and found nothing with multiple antivirus programs, DocWeb, Kaspersky, … ISO Boot Scan). So the issue is probably only an intrusion without any virus, as a Security Leak Exploit on Firefox

(maybe an HTTP Flood Attack from my IP found when I connect to my Domain). Both issues generally occurred first if Firefox was open. It stops if I close Firefox.

It occurred after my work on my private domain. I strongly think, after experimenting with reinstalling, rebooting, etc.,

it’s a security bug or issue on Firefox that makes someone able to control “a little” the cursor when the cursor is moving on the page, which makes life very difficult when you work on your stuff. The cursor is able to go up and down, up and down, something like that. Sometimes it goes across or moves to the bottom of the screen suddenly. Only from the CursorPad. If I use the button mouse controller from my laptop keyboard, the cursor does not move in the same way, I believe. I didn’t try so much with an external mouse. I don’t want to hide the issue.

Trying to currently install a Gateway on my Personal Internet Broadband (but currently an issue because my new Gateway turned off and was not able to start anymore, so I sent it back to the Seller). So still waiting for this.

Issue on Mageia or Mint, so the problem does not come from the distribution, but ( I suspect ) it took time for the guy to come back to the same level. Of intrusion, They need to adapt to the new version of the Distrib. I suspect I'm not 100% sure I’m reporting it to Mozilla Firefox, Mint, and Mageia here.

Thanks for your help. ( I have lot of problem of Availability currently... I'm sorry if I'm not replying so much )

Demos95

---

NAME="Linux Mint" VERSION="22.3 (Zena)" ID=linuxmint ID_LIKE="ubuntu debian" PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 22.3" VERSION_ID="22.3" HOME_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://forums.linuxmint.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="http://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" VERSION_CODENAME=zena UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble

Problem occured also on Mageia 9 and 10 last version

Hello I would like to report an issue on Firefox If i work on my Private domain on my laptop my cursor is moving alone some time to time I have also sometimes intrusion after my CPU FAN run very high I'm on Linux Mint last version but I have also the issue on Linux Mageia 10. (last version one month ago) I have posted some question to mageia Team Post : viewtopic.php?p=92060#p92060 viewtopic.php?p=93642#p93642 My Suspicion so far from now : The problem is probably an HTTP Flood that permits access to User Security. So I have two problems: • The problem of the cursor moving. • I also have my CPU fan increasing speed from time to time without reason after I change my User Password. ( Less noticed on Mint so far from now but it's doesn't mean it's better ) After reinstalling my laptop and not moving files, the issue generally occurs again. It's less occuring if I change my IP Address, meaning if my Internet Provider change IP everyday it's less occuring I went to discuss it with an External IT Consultant (we tried to scan the laptop for viruses and found nothing with multiple antivirus programs, DocWeb, Kaspersky, … ISO Boot Scan). So the issue is probably only an intrusion without any virus, as a Security Leak Exploit on Firefox (maybe an HTTP Flood Attack from my IP found when I connect to my Domain). Both issues generally occurred first if Firefox was open. It stops if I close Firefox. It occurred after my work on my private domain. I strongly think, after experimenting with reinstalling, rebooting, etc., it’s a security bug or issue on Firefox that makes someone able to control “a little” the cursor when the cursor is moving on the page, which makes life very difficult when you work on your stuff. The cursor is able to go up and down, up and down, something like that. Sometimes it goes across or moves to the bottom of the screen suddenly. Only from the CursorPad. If I use the button mouse controller from my laptop keyboard, the cursor does not move in the same way, I believe. I didn’t try so much with an external mouse. I don’t want to hide the issue. Trying to currently install a Gateway on my Personal Internet Broadband (but currently an issue because my new Gateway turned off and was not able to start anymore, so I sent it back to the Seller). So still waiting for this. Issue on Mageia or Mint, so the problem does not come from the distribution, but ( I suspect ) it took time for the guy to come back to the same level. Of intrusion, They need to adapt to the new version of the Distrib. I suspect I'm not 100% sure I’m reporting it to Mozilla Firefox, Mint, and Mageia here. Thanks for your help. ( I have lot of problem of Availability currently... I'm sorry if I'm not replying so much ) Demos95 --- NAME="Linux Mint" VERSION="22.3 (Zena)" ID=linuxmint ID_LIKE="ubuntu debian" PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 22.3" VERSION_ID="22.3" HOME_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://forums.linuxmint.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="http://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" VERSION_CODENAME=zena UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble Problem occured also on Mageia 9 and 10 last version

All Replies (3)

Version Firefox ( Mint 001 - 1 .0 ) 157.0 (64-bit)

Hi Guys, ( last Version of the post )

[b]I would like to report an issue on Firefox /b I'm on Linux Mint last version but I have also the issue on Linux Mageia 9, Mageia 10(last version one month ago)

My issue occurred more often after I worked on my Personal Website on my “Private Domain”. The problem is probably an HTTP Flood that permits access to User Security. because it occured after CPU FAN get High at least once ( After lot of test on Mageia )

[b]So there is there is two problems:

   • The problem of the cursor moving.
   • I also have my CPU fan increasing speed from time to time without reason/b after I change my User Password. ( Less noticed on Mint so far from now but it's doesn't mean it's better )

After reinstalling my laptop and not moving files, the issue generally occurs again. It's less occuring if I change my IP Address meaning if my Internet Provider change IP everyday it's less occuring

I went to discuss it with an External IT Consultant (we tried to scan the laptop for viruses and found nothing with multiple antivirus programs, DocWeb, Kaspersky, … ISO Boot Scan). So the issue is probably only an intrusion without any virus, as a Security Leak Exploit on Firefox

(maybe an HTTP Flood Attack from my IP found when I connect to my Domain). Both issues generally occurred first if Firefox was open. It stops if I close Firefox. ( CPU Fan goes down, or cursor stop moving )

It occurred after my work on my private domain. I strongly think, after experimenting with reinstalling, rebooting, etc., it’s a security bug or issue on Firefox that makes someone able to control “a little” the cursor when the cursor is moving on the page, which makes life very difficult when you work on your stuff.

The cursor is able to go up and down, up and down, something like that. Sometimes it goes across or moves to the bottom of the screen suddenly. Only from the CursorPad. If I use the button mouse controller from my laptop keyboard, the cursor does not move in the same way, I believe. I didn’t try so much with an external mouse. I don’t want to hide the issue.

Trying to currently install a Gateway on my Personal Internet Broadband (but currently an issue because my new Gateway turned off and was not able to start anymore, so I sent it back to the Seller). So still waiting for this.

Issue on Mageia or Mint, so the problem does not come from the distribution, but ( I suspect ) it took time for the guy to come back to the same level. Of intrusion, They need to adapt to the new version of the Distrib. I suspect I'm not 100% sure

Mozilla Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1609150#answer-1852097 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077430


Previous Post on Mageia Forum : https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?p=92060#p92060 https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?p=93642#p93642

Post on MINT Forum Report : https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=474720

Thanks for your help. ( I have lot of problem of Availability currently... I'm sorry if I'm not replying so much ) Demos95

NAME="Linux Mint" VERSION="22.3 (Zena)" ID=linuxmint ID_LIKE="ubuntu debian" PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 22.3" VERSION_ID="22.3" HOME_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://forums.linuxmint.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="http://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.linuxmint.com/" VERSION_CODENAME=zena UBUNTU_CODENAME=noble

Problem occured also on Mageia 9 and 10 last version

Version Firefox ( Mint 001 - 1 .0 ) 157.0 (64-bit)

This is already filed in bugzilla, linked above.

(If you suspect you're a victim of illegal activity, please liaise with your local law enforcement about the necessary steps.)

Modified by jbr

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.