How to create a persona header bar that displays correctly in all resolutions - Firefox 20 Linux
I'm in the process of learning how to create Personas for Firefox, and have already created one which I am using locally, but I ran into an unexpected behavior: If I create a header bar that is 3000 X 200 pixels as specified in the guidelines, only the right third or so displays in my browser when the theme is applied. To get this header to display "properly" (as I find aesthetically pleasing) I have to resize the header to 1280 X 85 pixels.
Should not the header bar scale automatically, or do I need to produce a persona header at each possible resolution width to get it to display properly?
For what it's worth, the footer appears to be displaying the left hand third, but this is not so objectionable in this case.
A screenshot of the persona is available at http://www2.netdoor.com/~horus/Persona_2013-04.png.
Thanks for any insights. I feel as though I must be misunderstanding something here.
(I tried to post troubleshooting information the first time, but it overflowed the character limit...)
Persona images don't 'scale', only as much of the image is displayed as you have resolution for. IOW, at 1280px wide only approx 1/3 of the image is displayed, as you have discovered. That is the manner in which Personas were designed to work.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Mime Type x-skype for Skype Buttons
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- MozPlugger version 1.14.3, maintained by Louis Bavoil and Peter Leese, a fork of plugger written by Fredrik Hübinette.For documentation on how to configure mozplugger, check the man page. (type man mozplugger) Configuration file:/etc/mozpluggerrc Helper binary:mozplugger-helper Controller binary:mozplugger-controller Link launcher binary:mozplugger-linker
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Probably best to ask that sort of question, or research the answer in one of the AMO forums (Addons Mozilla). I think this one may be appropriate:
- I think you will need to register before posting
I am wondering where are you doing the learning ?
There are also resources on MDN
Detailed discussion of the subject is probably off topic for this forum, but linking to resources or giving as imple answer is not so I hope some of the above are helpful. (You may even find someone else interested and knowledgeable posting a direct answer)
Persona images don't 'scale', only as much of the image is displayed as you have resolution for. IOW, at 1280px wide only approx 1/3 of the image is displayed, as you have discovered. That is the manner in which Personas were designed to work.