Showing questions for topic:
Showing questions tagged:

Which dictionary are we using? (Or are we allowing English spelling to be supplanted with American spelling?)

Which dictionary are we using? (Or are we allowing English spelling to be supplanted with American or other spelling?) Whereas in MS Windows I can choose UK English or on… (மேலும் படிக்க)

Which dictionary are we using? (Or are we allowing English spelling to be supplanted with American or other spelling?)

Whereas in MS Windows I can choose UK English or one of the many different forms of English in use elsewhere, I'm noting that in Mozilla/Firefox I get the typical warning under a spelling that does not equate with the spelling used in the current dictionary and yet these spellings are not UK English...

Even I choose UK English as my default dictionary the spelling of "colour", "neighbour", aluminium, still give this indicator.

Solved 1 1

wrong language

I get messages, questions and info from Firefox in Dutch. My language preferences in setting is English UK across the board. Browser, preferred, fall back and web site la… (மேலும் படிக்க)

I get messages, questions and info from Firefox in Dutch. My language preferences in setting is English UK across the board. Browser, preferred, fall back and web site language. It works most of the time, apart from with Firefox. What can I do to make Firefox talk English to me?

Open 10 60

How do I get Firefox to stop flagging Canadian spellings as wrong when English-ca is my top preferred language in settings?

How do I get Firefox to stop flagging Canadian spellings as wrong when English-ca is my top preferred language in settings? I am writing a WordPress post using Firefox on… (மேலும் படிக்க)

How do I get Firefox to stop flagging Canadian spellings as wrong when English-ca is my top preferred language in settings? I am writing a WordPress post using Firefox on Mac.

Solved 2 40

Your 'translate page' isn't working anymore

Your 'translate page' is NOT working efficiently anymore on my desktop and it is impossible to get work done now I go to my phone, and you've rearranged everything and I … (மேலும் படிக்க)

Your 'translate page' is NOT working efficiently anymore on my desktop and it is impossible to get work done now I go to my phone, and you've rearranged everything and I can't find it there Firefox is becoming a burden. I left a google review and it tells me to come here... 3 days and 6 pages later I found where I can ask for help and not get an 'article' from 2023 Ridiculous

Open 3 10

Spell check priority acting weird lately

I use the dual English/German spell checker, a while back it stopped recognizing teh and ahve for example as the and have, only when turning off the German spell check it… (மேலும் படிக்க)

I use the dual English/German spell checker, a while back it stopped recognizing teh and ahve for example as the and have, only when turning off the German spell check it works again.

Is there any way to make one language take priority over the other (without having to turn languages off and on constantly?) or to get more suggested results?

Open 1

spell checker not working

Speller is not activated or sometime activated only sporadically. Checked all setting on the browser. It happens mostly on X.cm of Bluesky platforms … (மேலும் படிக்க)

Speller is not activated or sometime activated only sporadically. Checked all setting on the browser. It happens mostly on X.cm of Bluesky platforms

Open 1 50

how to get spell check

I use to have spell check on my Mac Air, but now it's gone. How do I get it back on? I've googled to find out, tells me to go to Settings, Language, etc. Spell check sh… (மேலும் படிக்க)

I use to have spell check on my Mac Air, but now it's gone. How do I get it back on? I've googled to find out, tells me to go to Settings, Language, etc. Spell check shows it's mark in the box, but when I go to type in words it doesn't come underlined in red. How can I get it back?

Thank you in advance!

Open 7 20

Cannot change the "Fallback language" from Russian in Firefox 154.0.1 on macOS

Firefox shows Russian as the selected "Fallback language", but I cannot change it to another language. My current language settings are: Preferred language: English (US) … (மேலும் படிக்க)

Firefox shows Russian as the selected "Fallback language", but I cannot change it to another language.

My current language settings are:

Preferred language: English (US) Fallback language: Russian Website languages: Ukrainian [uk], English (United States) [en-us], English [en]

I do not want Russian to be used as a fallback language.

Steps to reproduce: Open Firefox Settings. Open the language settings. Set the Preferred language to English (US). Observe the Fallback language setting. Try to change the Fallback language from Russian to English or Ukrainian.

Actual result The Fallback language is set to Russian and cannot be changed to another language. The fallback language dropdown works correctly, but the list contains only Russian.


Expected result

The Fallback language should be selectable independently of the Preferred language, and I should be able to select English (US) or Ukrainian or Polish instead of Russian.

Additional information

The issue is present on:

Firefox 154.0.1 macOS Apple Silicon (aarch64)

The Website languages setting already contains Ukrainian and English, but this does not allow me to remove Russian from the Firefox UI fallback language.

I'm getting the "whats new" page always in Russian

Open 3 50

Is there a central place to report translation errors?

Just had occasion to use the word Backpfeifengesicht. Out of curiosity, I highlighted, right-clicked, and chose "Translate to English". Hilarious result: "Baking pipe fac… (மேலும் படிக்க)

Just had occasion to use the word Backpfeifengesicht. Out of curiosity, I highlighted, right-clicked, and chose "Translate to English". Hilarious result: "Baking pipe face".

(The correct answer is "punch-me face".)

Translate is often quite good, but I think it would be nice to be able to report the occasional mistake. So, as I asked in the subject linke: is there a central place to do this?

Thanks.

Solved 4 20