Why does my Firefox keep freezing when watching videos, scrolling, or even typing something?
This just recently started happening, whenever I'm browsing a webpage and scrolling through it. Firefox will freeze for about 1-2 seconds than continue scrolling. The same happens when I'm typing something. It's frozen about 3 times so far since I started typing this. Also when I watch any video, the video will freeze too. It freezes for basically anything I do. I know it's not my computer because I put a video I have stored on my hard drive, playing on the side of Firefox and every time the Firefox froze, the video continued to run smoothly. This is really annoying! I have the latest version of my plugins and the latest version of Firefox. How can I fix this?
CrossBones3129 மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1684
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Try to disable hardware acceleration.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
If disabling hardware acceleration works then check if there is an update available for your graphics display driver.