Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Firefox saves pages as two files on desktop

Al Parry

Why does Firefox save two files / folders on my desktop when I use the"Save Page As" option to save a visited website on my desktop?

Can this be modified? I hate having to handle two files / file groups when I want to save a file for quick access, or for re-sending to others.

Thanks!

Why does Firefox save two files / folders on my desktop when I use the"Save Page As" option to save a visited website on my desktop? Can this be modified? I hate having to handle two files / file groups when I want to save a file for quick access, or for re-sending to others. Thanks!

All Replies (2)

Don't use "say page as" ...see instructions on how to create shortcuts from this link, using the icon to the left of the address bar will only create one icon on the desktop

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/creating+a+desktop+shortcut+to+a+web+page

Two extensions that will "do" MHT files - single file format for web pages.

UnMHT extension: http://www.unmht.org/unmht/en_index.html Extension for viewing/saving MHT file in Firefox/Mozilla Suite

Mozilla Archive Format - MAF https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/212