Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

When I save a website on desktop, why do two (linked) icons appear???

Stemat

Each time I save a web page on the desktop, TWO (linked) shortcut icons appear on the desktop. One of these just contains a list of files, the other opens the page. They are linked, because deleting one eliminates both. How can I stop this as my desktop is becoming very cluttered!?

Each time I save a web page on the desktop, TWO (linked) shortcut icons appear on the desktop. One of these just contains a list of files, the other opens the page. They are linked, because deleting one eliminates both. How can I stop this as my desktop is becoming very cluttered!?

Stemat மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

All Replies (1)

You can use one of these extensions for save a web page as a single MHT file: