Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

thunderbird can't connect to the gmail server. Pop up to sign into Google. email address put in but will not connect . next button inactive. how do I fix this?

Marion88

HP laptop using Microsoft defender. Thunderbird can't connect to the gmail server. Pop up box asks to enter my credentials on I map.gmail.com The Google sign in page is displayed. I enter my email address - press next but nothing happens. How do I fix this please?

I have re downloaded Thunderbird. Still can't get into gmail. It requires a login to server imap.gmail.com. I don't know the password.

HP laptop using Microsoft defender. Thunderbird can't connect to the gmail server. Pop up box asks to enter my credentials on I map.gmail.com The Google sign in page is displayed. I enter my email address - press next but nothing happens. How do I fix this please? I have re downloaded Thunderbird. Still can't get into gmail. It requires a login to server imap.gmail.com. I don't know the password.

Marion88 மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

All Replies (2)

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Upgrade Thunderbird to version 52.2.1..

Thank you. I downloaded the latest version of Thunderbird again. I also had to provide access to "less secure apps" in my google account as google was blocking my log in. Anyway, mail seems to be working now. I appreciate your help.