Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Restore font settings after updating to Firefox 35.0.1 on Ubuntu 14.04

abo-abo

After the update to 35.0.1, the Firefox fonts became superthin and very uncompfortable. I attach a screenshot comparison to IceCat 31.2. The fonts used are clearly the same, I can see that in Gimp while zooming in. And the antialising strategy is similar, but Firefox font ends up lighter and thinner. How can I revert the font to the old setting?

After the update to 35.0.1, the Firefox fonts became superthin and very uncompfortable. I attach a screenshot comparison to IceCat 31.2. The fonts used are clearly the same, I can see that in Gimp while zooming in. And the antialising strategy is similar, but Firefox font ends up lighter and thinner. How can I revert the font to the old setting?
Attached screenshots

abo-abo மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

All Replies (3)

At the top, look at Fonts For.

தீர்வு தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டது

Turned out that it was the freetype-infinality that I installed 2 weeks ago finally kicking in. Removing it solved the problem.

That was very good work. Well Done.