Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Arkiverad

Firefox eating CPU

Siroi

Earlier I was having problems with the plug in container eating CPU. Now the problem is with Firefox itself. It's eating up to 50% of my CPU. I do not have any browser games or facebook open at this point and it will still do this.

A browser shouldn't eat this much CPU.

Earlier I was having problems with the plug in container eating CPU. Now the problem is with Firefox itself. It's eating up to 50% of my CPU. I do not have any browser games or facebook open at this point and it will still do this. A browser shouldn't eat this much CPU.

Alla svar (1)

keep in mind that if you have a dual core processor, then 50% usage is actually tieing up an entire core. I'm having this exact same problem. It seems to be certain web pages that trigger it, but it's not specifc or consistent.

at this rate I am going to have to move to another browser... I am terminating the firefox process multiple times an hour now!