Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Arkiverad

FF 4.0.1 plugin-container.exe using more than 50% cpu. why?

kenhol

Version 4.0.1 of FireFox plugin-container.exe shows 50-55% usage in Windows Task Manager constantly. I disabled plug-ins until the cpu usage dropped to zero after disabling Shockwave flash 10.2.153.1. Is this a known problem? I am not sure that diabling this plug-in relieved the problem, only that the cpu usage dropped immediately upon disabling the plug-in. Reactivating the plugin has had no effect on cpu usage.

Version 4.0.1 of FireFox plugin-container.exe shows 50-55% usage in Windows Task Manager constantly. I disabled plug-ins until the cpu usage dropped to zero after disabling Shockwave flash 10.2.153.1. Is this a known problem? I am not sure that diabling this plug-in relieved the problem, only that the cpu usage dropped immediately upon disabling the plug-in. Reactivating the plugin has had no effect on cpu usage.

Alla svar (1)

I have a similar problem but caused by Silverlight plugin' I am using Firefox 4.0 and Windows 7 64 bit. The CPU usage was constanltly over 50% (the plugin-container.exe 32 process). I had a FF tab offen using Silverlight plugin. After I closed this tab, the CPU usage dropped to normal levels.