Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Arkiverad

Firefox crashes when I open a second tab to search Google.

CorinneAM

When I'm writing I frequently open multiple tabs for information that I need. However if I need one of those tabs to search Google, Firefox stalls and crashes. Today I had just 2 tabs open, one of which was to search Google, and Firefox crashed a number of times.

When I'm writing I frequently open multiple tabs for information that I need. However if I need one of those tabs to search Google, Firefox stalls and crashes. Today I had just 2 tabs open, one of which was to search Google, and Firefox crashed a number of times.

Alla svar (2)

It looks like this problem will need some more diagnosing. Please try Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems. The idea is to disable your extensions and see if the problem goes away. If so, you'll have to re-enable them one by one looking to see which one causes the problem. Let us know if you find either way.

I uninstalled Google Chrome and a couple of other programs last night that I don't use. That seems to have done the trick; Firefox hasn't crashed at all today. I guess this isn't a new problem, based on what I've read.

Thanks for your help. Everything seems to be working fine now.