Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Öppen

Solution to Firefox Helper Tool asking for password in 2026 on managed systems

gabe14

Is there a blessed solution to the problem above? I'm sure we're not alone, but our end users are not admins. God forbid... So the official statement of "enter admin credentials" is not a plausable solution on managed systems. Providing a Reinstall Firefox on the users' selv service store is something we can do, but users are usually not fond of losing browser data. (I do konw about Firefox account to sync/restore) My question is more like as the problem roots back to permission problems, what would be the proper command(s) to fix permissions? I can run commands on the end users' comptuers in the background, as root/system user, or even as them of course. Thanks

Moderator note: Moved from the Firefox Desktop forum to the Firefox for Enterprise forum.

Is there a blessed solution to the problem above? I'm sure we're not alone, but our end users are not admins. God forbid... So the official statement of "enter admin credentials" is not a plausable solution on managed systems. Providing a Reinstall Firefox on the users' selv service store is something we can do, but users are usually not fond of losing browser data. (I do konw about Firefox account to sync/restore) My question is more like as the problem roots back to permission problems, what would be the proper command(s) to fix permissions? I can run commands on the end users' comptuers in the background, as root/system user, or even as them of course. Thanks ''Moderator note: Moved from the Firefox Desktop forum to the Firefox for Enterprise forum.''

Ändrad av Denys

Alla svar (1)

I think the answer is changing the owner to root:admin

See:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1812480

We've fixed this in our new .pkg file.

Ställ en fråga

Du måste logga in på ditt konto för att svara på inlägg. Vänligen starta en ny fråga om du inte har ett konto ännu.