Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har stängts och arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Låst Arkiverad

Transfering Thunderbird to new computer

SuMo Bot

I am having trouble transferring my Thunderbird profile to my new computer.

The old computer has Windows XP. The Thunderbird profile is in C\Documents and Settings\Home\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\mn2ksvy.default, and there is an associated ini file up one level, in the Profiles folder.

The new computer has Windows 10. I set up a new e-mail account in Thunderbird on the new computer both to find the profile location and to test whether the new account would work in the new Thunderbird (the old Thunderbird () on the old computer won't download the messages on the grounds that "this certificate is not trusted because it hasn't been verified as issued by a trusted authority using a secure signature.") The new e-mail account works on the new computer, but when I searched for the Thurderbird profile it is in C\ProgramData\Mozilla\updates\D78BF5DD33499EC2, and there is no associated ini file.

How can I transfer my old profile onto my new computer?

I am having trouble transferring my Thunderbird profile to my new computer. The old computer has Windows XP. The Thunderbird profile is in C\Documents and Settings\Home\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\mn2ksvy.default, and there is an associated ini file up one level, in the Profiles folder. The new computer has Windows 10. I set up a new e-mail account in Thunderbird on the new computer both to find the profile location and to test whether the new account would work in the new Thunderbird (the old Thunderbird () on the old computer won't download the messages on the grounds that "this certificate is not trusted because it hasn't been verified as issued by a trusted authority using a secure signature.") The new e-mail account works on the new computer, but when I searched for the Thurderbird profile it is in C\ProgramData\Mozilla\updates\D78BF5DD33499EC2, and there is no associated ini file. How can I transfer my old profile onto my new computer?

Alla svar (1)

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.