Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Löst Arkiverad

cookie block setting not retained across sessions

dougbo70

Using 52.4.0 (64 bit) ESR on windows 10: if I open "page info" and de-select use default on set cookie, then "block"; remove the existing cookie, and then exit Firefox the setting is not retained upon opening a new session. This worked previously, and went away recently. Note that I also lost my "sync" account login someplace. I have refreshed the install and tried manual entry using the about: preferences. I note that any setting for exceptions for cookies is long gone on entering a new session. History is: use custom settings uncheck private mode, uncheck remember browsing and download history, uncheck remember search and form history, check "accept cookies from sites (exceptions are there after I use the page/info method), accept third-party is "never", keep until "they expire, check clear history when Firefox closes..."

Using 52.4.0 (64 bit) ESR on windows 10: if I open "page info" and de-select use default on set cookie, then "block"; remove the existing cookie, and then exit Firefox the setting is not retained upon opening a new session. This worked previously, and went away recently. Note that I also lost my "sync" account login someplace. I have refreshed the install and tried manual entry using the about: preferences. I note that any setting for exceptions for cookies is long gone on entering a new session. History is: use custom settings uncheck private mode, uncheck remember browsing and download history, uncheck remember search and form history, check "accept cookies from sites (exceptions are there after I use the page/info method), accept third-party is "never", keep until "they expire, check clear history when Firefox closes..."

Alla svar (1)

Vald lösning

In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.

  • do not clear the Cookies
  • do not clear the Site Preferences
  • clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data
  • clearing "Cookies" will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an "Allow" exception you may want to keep