You can download and install Firefox on macOS 10.12 and above. Before you download Firefox, you can review the system requirements.
Table of Contents
Download and install Firefox on Mac
To download and install Firefox on Mac:
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your device and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Note: If you want to select a different language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- After completing the download, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon to the Applications folder.
- Note: If you don't see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file you downloaded.
- Hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select from the menu.
- To add Firefox to your dock, open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Click the Firefox icon in the dock or Applications folder to open the browser.
Open Firefox for the first time
When you open Firefox for the first time:
- If you want to set Firefox as your default browser, click