Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney content not playable on Firefox
as of 2023/09/29 hulu, netflix, prime and disney+ are not playing videos on firefox, after making zero changes to settings or configuration.
I tested Netflix on Google Chrome and videos played, confirming this is a Firefox issue. I cleared recent/all history and changed passwords for those sites. Netflix logs me out if I attempt to play content. Speedtest reports 200 mb/s. Mozilla VPN is installed but turned off. Netflix sign in reports a new device/login in my state which is different from the VPN setting so this confirms that the VPN is not active and blocking content. HBO/Max videos play correctly and that site does not have the same issues. Firefox has crashed numerous times in the last two weeks. Sometimes just a single tab, sometimes a full application insta-quit.
I prefer to compartmentalize usage across different browsers for privacy/security reasons and would like to continue to use Firefox for these streaming services.
I dowloaded a firefox installer.exe and reinstalled the browser. Seems to be working now.Čítať túto odpoveď v kontexte 👍 0
Všetky odpovede (9)
yes. It still happens in troubleshoot mode.
This can be a problem with the Widevine plugin. Are there relevant-looking messages ion the Web Console?
Make sure you the latest Widevine version.
- Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins
You can toggle DRM off/on to see if that makes Firefox (re)load DRM components.
- Settings -> General: Digital Rights Management (DRM) Content
I can see from the manage plugins tool, widevine was last updated 9/29/2023, the same day that the bad behavior started....
I've done all the recommended things and the problem persists. There appears to be no way to roll back or reinstall widevine.
Upravil(a) bmagner dňa
Unticking "Play DRM-controlled content" in settings should reinstall Widevine.
I've done that. I've toggled all the things. I've turned play DRM on and off. I've disabled widevine and then set widevine to always active. I've restarted in troubleshoot mode. I've rebooted the machine. Firefox is up to date.
Looking for new suggestions.
I dowloaded a firefox installer.exe and reinstalled the browser. Seems to be working now.