Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Архивировано

Primary password issue with the portable version.

Zen

I installed Firefox portable version on my computer A and B. I set up the primary password on the computer B. I found that I forgot the primary password yesterday. So, I deleted Firefox from the computer B. Afterwards, I copied and pasted the Firefox portable from the computer A to B. Everything looked fine. The primary password checkbox was unchecked, so I didn't need to worry about it.

However, when I launch Firefox on the computer B today, it asked me the primary password again. As far as I know, all data is saved in the portable folder and I don't understand why it happened. How do I solve this issue?

I installed Firefox portable version on my computer A and B. I set up the primary password on the computer B. I found that I forgot the primary password yesterday. So, I deleted Firefox from the computer B. Afterwards, I copied and pasted the Firefox portable from the computer A to B. Everything looked fine. The primary password checkbox was unchecked, so I didn't need to worry about it. However, when I launch Firefox on the computer B today, it asked me the primary password again. As far as I know, all data is saved in the portable folder and I don't understand why it happened. How do I solve this issue?

Все ответы (2)

Dropa, the Firefox portable is basically the official build (permission to use Firefox name and logo) packaged with a custom launcher that allows everything to be self contained and is idea for things like usb flash drives and external drives.

Изменено James

I just figured it out. Thx!