Эта тема была архивирована. Если вам нужна помощь, задайте новый вопрос.
Firefox won't open after update 97
Have Win 11 running Firefox no problem...until the Firefox update this AM, after which the browser crashed and either (a) won't reopen at all, or (b) reopens to the browser page but nothing works (can't open extensions, troubleshoot, browse, bookmarks, etc). Tried deleting and reloading, saw online there might be conflict with Webroot so disabled that, still the same issue.
No error msg, just won't open.
Все ответы (3)
Here's an update - I uninstalled Webroot and the problem was solved. Clearly a problem with Webroot and the new FF update.
Great detective work! People are working with Webroot to issue an update.
If you want to re-enable Webroot now:
A user posted that one workaround is to run Firefox 97 in backwards compatibility mode. I haven't tested this myself, but here is how you would set that up:
(1) Open the Properties dialog for your Firefox shortcut. Either:
- right-click a Desktop shortcut, then click Properties
- right-click a pinned Taskbar icon, then right-click the Firefox (or Mozilla Firefox) item, then click Properties
(2) Switch to the Compatibility tab
(3) Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
(4) If the selector for that option is not set on Windows 8, switch it to Windows 8
As a result of this change, you may notice that some Windows 10-specific features and styling are disabled. However, I am not aware of any major changes. If you experiment with this, let us know your experience.