Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Архивировано

Why is firefox ignoring http proxy setting? I can put any address under manual setting and I can still browse normally.

aminboleh

Firefox is ignoring whatever value I entered in the http proxy server IP/port. Does not matter if its a valid or invalid IP. I can still browse as if the there is no proxy selected. However using socks5 proxy, it will use the socks setting as intended.

Firefox is ignoring whatever value I entered in the http proxy server IP/port. Does not matter if its a valid or invalid IP. I can still browse as if the there is no proxy selected. However using socks5 proxy, it will use the socks setting as intended.

Все ответы (4)

Did you input that into the proxy setting option?

As I said, I put my http proxy real address as well as nonsense or invalid address and yet I can browse as if the proxy value is not there.

This is happening on both my Mac and Windows server and 7 and 10. FF simply ignore whatever value.

Did you do a IP check to see what it says your IP was?

The IP is still the same public IP assigned by ISP. This is happening to http proxy only and my Windows is using a different ISP but same results. Both FF ignoring http proxy settings.