Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

Since updating to the latest version of FF I don't see the yellow padlock when I am on an encrypted page - can you help?

urichards2008@gmail.com

The yellow padlock icon used to be in the far right bottom corner and it was in the closed position when you are on an encrypted page like when you are shopping. I no longer see it there and I want to know where you have hidden it, or is it no longer needed. In that case how do you know if you are secure?

The yellow padlock icon used to be in the far right bottom corner and it was in the closed position when you are on an encrypted page like when you are shopping. I no longer see it there and I want to know where you have hidden it, or is it no longer needed. In that case how do you know if you are secure?

Toate răspunsurile (1)

The padlock only shows that there is a secure connection and doesn't guarantee that you are connected to the right server. So you might still be connected to the wrong server if you make a typo in the URL and someone has claimed that mistyped URL. The functionality of the padlock has been replaced by the Site Identity Button on the left end of the location (address) bar.

This has actually existed since Firefox 3.0 so it is not new.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/security/identity/

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Site+Identity+Button

If you still prefer to have a padlock icon also then there is this extension. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/padlock-icon/

Modificat la de James