Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

AppUpdatePin policy doesn't do anything

mael.charlut

Hi

I tried using the AppUpdatePin policy and can't get it to work. I had never used it before, so I don't know if I missed something, or if there's a specific problem with this version.

I did all my testing with Thunderbird 140.0.1 (ESR): first I change the AppUpdatePin value (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Thunderbird), then I install Thunderbird, then I launch it and let it check for updates. It always ignores the AppUpdatePin value (tested with : 140.1 / 140.0 / 140.0.1) updates to 140.3!

Any idea?

Hi I tried using the ''AppUpdatePin'' policy and can't get it to work. I had never used it before, so I don't know if I missed something, or if there's a specific problem with this version. I did all my testing with Thunderbird 140.0.1 (ESR): first I change the ''AppUpdatePin'' value (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Thunderbird), then I install Thunderbird, then I launch it and let it check for updates. It always ignores the ''AppUpdatePin'' value (tested with : ''140.1'' / ''140.0'' / ''140.0.1'') updates to 140.3! Any idea?

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Same problem with Thunderbird ESR 128.X

And I have found two other related topics, that suggest the policy just doesn't work: - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1469865 - https://thunderbird.topicbox.com/groups/enterprise/T2ef6c8716a08f655-Mbf0511906161fd4761da2daf/128-0-1esr-available-on-esr-update-channel

(last update) It's been an "unconfirmed" bug for a year: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1910603